Monday, May 18, 2015
Cubic Zirconia Jewelry – Know About Them In 3 Easy Steps
Cubic zirconia (CZ) enjoys the limelight as the most popular gemstone in the market today. Very few materials can contend with the ever-popular Diamond as smartly as CZ does. Regardless of this, many buyers fail to connect with cubic zirconia jewelry.
Surprisingly, most of them do not even bother to explore the material, and rely mainly on what they hear from others to form their opinions. The following discussion provides an opportunity to learn some important and interesting facts about Cubic Zirconia jewelry, would help you develop the right perception.
Step I: Differentiate between CZs and Zircons
Like many others, you may also consider CZ and zircon as two names for the same material. However, you would be surprised to know that the two are as different as chalk and cheese:
• CZs are synthesized as a would-be diamond stimulant, whereas zircons occur naturally.
• CZs are popular as ‘true diamond' for being absolutely colorless. Zircons come in less desirable colors.
• Zircons undergo heat treatment to enhance their color or to make them colorless.
• Cubic zircon as used in jewelry, are optically flawless whereas inclusions and flaws are visible in zircons.
• CZs are harder and less expensive than zircons.
Step II: Comparing CZs with Diamonds
You may think, ‘how could Iover look any diamond, in favor of a CZ?' Here are some valid reasons that you could connect with:
• CZs are like true diamonds. They are even more colorless than diamonds.
• CZs are always flawless whereas flawless diamonds are extremely rare (read -mythical).
• Popular cubic zirconia jewelry designs contain gemstones with cuts and shapes that are similar to those that diamonds are known for.
• CZs are 75% heavier than diamonds, but cost just afraction of what diamonds cost.
• Colored CZ gemstones are making the right buzz, whereas colored diamonds are rare to find and highly priced.
Step III: Why Buy CZ Jewelry ?
Diamonds are designated as rewarding investments, though their value depreciates fast. CZs come with cheap price tags, but are still a smart investment because:
• CZs are safe to wear in routine - at workplaces, while traveling and for all types of events.
• Jewelry made from this gemstone enjoys great acceptance as trendy and fashion jewelry.
• Being inexpensive, cubic zirconia jewelry can be replaced with the latest designs more frequently (not possible with diamonds).
• From engagement to wedding rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, CZ jewelry is available in a wide choice of designs in the market today.
Yes, you need to be extra careful while dealing with and cleaning CZ jewelry. However, that should not stop you from adding some outstanding jewelry designs to your collection.